The Lauragais offers a multitude of activities whether you are a “relaxing weekend” or rather a “discovery weekend”.
The Auberge du Weight Public is located in the Toulouse, Albi and Carcassonne triangle, in the heart of the Lauragais region.
For nature lovers :
Discover the Canal du Midi by visiting the Canal Museum and Gardens on the shores of Lake Saint-Ferréol, or the exhibition in Port Lauragais to learn all about this work, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Go on hikes in rich and varied landscapes: discover through fields, the palette of colors offered by this territory forged by agriculture, the small heritage at the bends of a grove, magnificent views over the Lauragais plain or the Pyrenees. For walks, don’t forget your cameras!
Dive into our Orme Blanc or Saint-Ferréol lakes. Do you prefer windsurfing? The Ganguise setting awaits you!
You are more culture and history:
Discover the Cathar epic that made the history of the Pays Lauragais from Saint-Félix Lauragais to Fanjeaux via Avignonet-Lauragais.
You can visit the tapestries of Don Robert in Sorèze at the abbey-school.
Are you more of a craftsman ?
Come and meet the artisans of Revel or the Pottery Not.
Fancy a moment of shopping:
Come and discover Nailloux Outlet Village and its 80 brand stores (declawed from 30% to 70%). Stop by the Lauragais tourisme boutique for souvenir ideas.
Example of circuit:
Circuit n ° 1: In the footsteps of Don Robert
- Visit of the Don Robert museum in Sorèze
- Visit the Abbey of Saint Benedict in Calcat
- Church of Massaguel: observation of the works of Don Robert
Circuit n ° 2: Discovering local products
- Visit of Cabriole farm (goat and cow cheese)
- The Perrine mills in Auriac sur Vendinelle.
- Visit of the Pastel Blue Square in Roumens
Circuit n°3 :
- Stroll along the banks of the Canal du Midi
- Visit of the exhibition in Port Lauragais
- Visit of the Canal Museum and Gardens